Sunday, August 19, 2012

A Basket Case

PITTSBURGH -- Hannah was here for a few days after returning from Australia and before heading back to Atlanta. I helped her pack her car (that I had been car-sitting for the summer). By the way, if you're looking for a great little car, get a Honda Fit. The best. Anyway, Hannah made it to Atlanta and didn't leave anything behind. 

The next day when I was doing laundry, I couldn't find my laundry basket. Where could it have gotten to? Well, duh, it had gotten to Atlanta. I packed it in the car myself filled with freshly folded clothes and a few pantry items. Apparently both of our brains were on vacation at the time. 

The next day, I planned to go to Target to get, among other things, a laundry basket. Every new or returning college student in the area (along with parents and in some cases even with sullen siblings) was in Target. They were buying storage bins (one aisle over from laundry supplies). They had carts full of cleaning supplies and toothpaste and canned goods. I wish them well. Just, please, somebody tell them that Ramen noodles are not real food.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment