Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Opposite of Poker:  Ballet at Chautauqua


PITTSBURGH -- I have a piece in the Chautauquan Daily today:

http://chqdaily.com/2012/06/27/chqstories-music-and-dance-1974/

If you're not familiar with the Chautauqua Institution, check out www.ciweb.org


I found some of my old Chautauqua photos.





My sister Mary Ann and me on the Keystone porch, 1963.




Looking down on the Amphitheater stage from the Keystone second floor porch.

Us older beginning ballet students. I'm fourth from right (plaid socks!)


The oldest dance student. And yes, the dance teacher is fully clothed... just lousy photo quality.


Modern dance (a more advanced class).


I think her name was Leslie, one of our ballet instructors.

Mr. Martin, another ballet instructor. Sticking his tongue out. A gruff taskmaster but a terrific teacher.


No comments:

Post a Comment