Thursday, February 28, 2013

A (glass-enclosed) Garden in the Sun

PITTSBURGH -- The Center for Sustainable Landscaping at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens has earned the title of one of the earth's "greenest" buildings. Sure it's green because it's all about plants, but "green" also includes self-sustainable building design and, in this case, its own lagoon. Read about it at:  http://phipps.conservatory.org/project-green-heart/green-heart-at-phipps/center-for-sustainable-landscapes.aspx

I spent a sunny hour on a cold winter day strolling around the conservatory. Bonsai, orchids, model trains, and glass sculpture by Dale Chihuly.

























1 comment:

  1. LOVE Phipp's! Bob and I were married there. I miss it, but return every chance I get. Thank you for allowing me to visit one of my favorite places through your photos!

    ReplyDelete